Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Get to Know Kinsey Crow - Distinguished Young Woman of Ohio for 2011

Name: Kinsey Love Crow
Age: 18
Hometown: Mount Vernon, Ohio
College: Auburn University
Major: Nursing



Favorite Food: Oh my, there are too many.  However, one of my absolute favorites is key lime pie!
Favorite Movie: I absolutely LOVE Ever After. I’m a hopeless romantic.
Favorite Olympic sport: Swimming and diving!
Favorite Christmas tradition: Every year, a member of my family hides a pickle ornament on our Christmas tree.  The first person to find it wins the pickle prize, usually consisting of something pickle-flavored. This year it was dill pickle sunflower seeds… lol. I’m never the one to find the pickle, but it’s pretty fun :)
Most hated household chore: I hate cleaning the shower!

Plan ahead OR procrastinate? I’m definitely a planner!
Paper OR plastic? Plastic.
Glass half-full OR Glass half-empty? Glass half-full :)
Introvert OR extrovert? EXTROVERT.
Cats OR dogs? Cats all the way!!
Morning OR night person? Ummm.. neither?

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you absolutely need for survival?  I would absolutely need my Bible (since I’m a voracious reader and I can read the Bible for hours), some XXX Vitamin Water, and my Eos chapstick.

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be? I would be Elastigirl from the Incredibles… I could fit ANYWHERE!

What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is not making an impact for Christ in the world.

What is one goal you have set for yourself and achieved? What is one goal that still remains to be achieved? One of my goals during my Senior year of high school was to become the next Distinguished Young Woman of Ohio, and I did it! A goal I still have yet to achieve is to travel to Egypt (with Ann Clancy of Vermont) and discover something super rare and exciting.

What do you want to be when you grow up and why? I want to be a Nurse Practitioner in a foreign country, meeting the physical needs of my patients, and also meeting their spiritual needs by sharing the love of Christ with them!

Describe your single-most favorite moment from your Distinguished Young Women experience. My all-time favorite Distinguished Young Women moment was when I won the Spirit award at Nationals.  I immediately started crying when they called my name!  I’m surprised my makeup wasn’t running everywhere in the picture of me receiving the award!! Having all my girls vote for me to get the Spirit award was one of the highest honors I have ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment