Friday, May 4, 2012

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - by Allii


Hello!

In case some of you did not know, I am currently studying abroad in beautiful Australia where I will be for a month! I have limited time on the internet, but I wanted to share with all of you while I had the time. I decided that my “lesson” for this month would be take advantage of opportunities given to you.

Coming to Elmira College this past year, I was surprised with our Term III option where I get to travel abroad to lovely places like Australia. I am currently with 18 other students, including 3 of my closest friends. I have already seen Sydney and four other cities are on their way. The trip has been absolutely fascinating. I have learned so many things about the country and its relationship with America. I am eager to learn more.

When you get to high school and college, take advantage of opportunities like this one. Travel when you can. Because when you’re all grown up and on your own with a job, you may not be able to travel as much as you want to.

I have always agreed with Peter Pan and never wanted to grow up, for exactly this reason. There is so much to do when you have time so use it. Be a kid for as long as you can because before you know it, you’re 18 and in college. And before you know it again, you’re graduating and starting a real job!

So remember, be a kid and have fun!
 

Allii Fontaine is a college freshman at Elmira College in Elmira, New York majoring in Nursing with a Pediatric tract. Originally from Burrillville, Rhode Island, Allii was a participant in the Distinguished Young Women program and was selected as the Distinguished Young Woman of Rhode Island for 2011. Learn more about Allii here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment